ESL EFL ENGLISH NUMBERS 0-31 CARTES À TÂCHES
ESL EFL ENGLISH NUMBERS TASK CARDS CARTES À TÂCHES These English Numbers 0-31 task/challenge cards are perfect for both math centers and young learners of English, and really do help to create a lively learning environment. Students can develop, embed, reinforce and refresh their calculation skills and knowledge of English numbers in a cooperative, communicative and interactive way, independently of the teacher. They have a bonus multi-skill focus on listening, speaking, pronunciation, reading and spelling. They’re great for helping students familiarise themselves with, and develop competence in, speaking, reading, writing and spelling in English in general, and certainly in English numbers in particular. The cards are useful not only when you’re focusing on Numbers 0-31, but also as an all-year-round starter, plenary and general‘pick-me-up’ activity, as the goal is not simply to learn how to count in English, but also to enjoy working with English, and to feel confident about doing so. The questions range in complexity and challenge, not only in terms of numbers, but also in terms of the level of English. Most learners will be able to infer meaning from context/images (which have a real UK flavour!), but it’s useful to read through the questions with the whole class first to check everyone is able to access the language, and therefore the activity, successfully. In general, the questions are also useful for honing numeracy skills - especially if calculators are not allowed. If you’re using the cards in an ESL/EFL classroom, read the questions out together first to check for understanding - the cards work well for older learners of English too. Depending on the learners in your math center, reading out the questions together first may also be useful. There's a very UK feel to the cards, England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland pictures on some of the cards - I use this as a springboard to whole-group discussion about what students know about the UK, and its individual member countries.
The resource comprises the following:
* Set of 36 question cards, 4 per A4 (8.5 x 11) paper. Print, laminate and cut out. Depending on how long you want the activity to last for, choose a particular number of cards per small group of students, and place them in a tin, bowl or small box so that students can easily select a card, and then replace when they have answered the question. You can simply place all the cards in the bowl/box and let students work their way through, either in a single lesson, or across a series of lessons. Students do need to remember to file their recording sheets carefully
* answer recording sheet - we often also just use our class workbooks for this
* answer key, laminate for longevity - one answer key for each small group is sufficient.
* 4 question cards template for students to apply their knowledge practically, and to create questions for each other - this is a really challenging and popular activity!
* number reference sheet which students really useful as a learning support resource - it’s great as a year-round resource too, which they can put into their learning files/folders to call upon whenever they need it.
Try these English Numbers 0-20 Task Cards too:
ENGLISH NUMBERS 0-20 TASK CARDS - CARTES À TÂCHES
THANKS AND ENJOY YOUR ENGLISH LESSONS!
Nombre de pages (diapositives) : 15
Pour avoir un accès immédiat au produit, ouvrez une session et achetez le produit.